I graduated from Discipleship Training School in Barbados. The focus of this DTS was Justice and Children at Risk. We studied the word of God as well as many other things, topics, people groups and injustices around the world. We went on a three month outreach at the end of the lecture phase for three months in Elbasan, Albania. We lived in a Roma Gypsy Village during the entire 3 months.

I am now attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations in Worcester, South Africa. During this school I will be reading through the entire Bible as well as studying several books in depth using the inductive method.


Please subscribe to my blog to recieve email alerts when I post anything new.

Friday 3 February 2012

A Time for Everything.........

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
1For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
2A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
3A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
5A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
6A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
8A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.

There is a time for everything and that time right now is for me to leave Albania and return to Barbados.  I have had an amazing time in Albania and I am extremely excited to return for two years!  Looking back over the past seven weeks I can honestly say I have had an amazing and life-changing time here in Elbasan, Albania!  I have another 400 pictures to post online but I haven't had the time, I promise you as soon as I return to Barbados I will post them!  
        This last week in Albania has been great, super busy and lots of fun! We started the week off by sharing with the kids and adults how much we have loved coming to Elbasan and living in their neighborhood and that we will miss them terribly as we leave for home.  I am excited about the next few weeks months and years and the exciting plans God has for my life.   During these past 7 weeks I have grown in God and have more of an understanding on how Jesus feels when He sees His children suffering. I know that God has something so amazingly better in store for this community and I am excited to see the change! 
       The next week holds debriefing, work duties and writing reports and filming videos! I am excited for the beaches and going barefoot! Continue to pray for us as a team that we will share what is from our hearts during this next week and that it would be an awesome time of personal development and fellowship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!



Keep me in your prayers, 
-Jordan





   

No comments:

Post a Comment