I graduated from Discipleship Training School in Barbados. The focus of this DTS was Justice and Children at Risk. We studied the word of God as well as many other things, topics, people groups and injustices around the world. We went on a three month outreach at the end of the lecture phase for three months in Elbasan, Albania. We lived in a Roma Gypsy Village during the entire 3 months.

I am now attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations in Worcester, South Africa. During this school I will be reading through the entire Bible as well as studying several books in depth using the inductive method.


Please subscribe to my blog to recieve email alerts when I post anything new.

Saturday 11 February 2012

Onward!

Yesterday was graduation day, we finished up all our homework, placed the finishing touches on the Outreach Video. We threw our Mission Statements into the ocean as a sign that we are giving them to God letting Him know that we want to live out everything that was written on it. Getting the rooms set up for graduation, moving chairs from the class room to the great house and cleaning everything up was about all we did before it was 7pm! I shared about my experience during the Lecture Phase, Gareth shared about the Outreach and then we all ate food and talked until 10pm!  I can't believe the DTS is over! I am no longer a Student, I graduated and am now looking forward to what God has planned for my life in the months to come!  Austin and I are leaving Barbados Monday, flying to New York and then on to Phoenix to be with our sister Charee who is having a baby girl! We are very excited to have this opportunity and can't wait to arrive back home in Klamath Falls sometime in the beginning of March!  Here is a bit of what I said lastnight;
"Before arriving in Barbados I had no idea what to expect during the lecture phase, I imagined to be a time where we would have classes in the morning and then have the entire afternoon off! I was wrong, class started at 8am which meant I needed to get up around 5:30, Lunch at 12:30, work duties from 2-5 and dinner at 5:30.  We were free after cleanup and took the time to either finish homework or head into town for groceries, or the beach.  Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I don't like how YWAM and the DTS is structured and set up, I am just saying I had a different opinion on what would actually happen.  Each week we had a different speaker, topics ranged from Children at Risk, Jusice, The Father Heart Of God, Hearing God's Voice and Relationships.  I thoroughly enjoyed each and every speaker and long to return home where I will hopefully have some free-time where I can study more about each and every topic that we discussed over the 12 weeks of the lecture phase.  I loved the family atmosphere and the great people who live here and are a part of YWAM Barbados; I made new friendships that will continue on throughout my entire life. During the lecture phase God called me to Gambia, I also had amazing times of worship, Bible meditation and intercession.  During the 12 week lecture phase my life changed in many ways, my eyes were opened to suffering across the globe and not until I arrived in Albania did I see how real it is.  I would encourage any and all of you to attend a DTS, it has changed my life forever! Please either email or comment and ask me any questions you have about YWAM's  DTS and I will be more than happy to answer them! Thank you for all your prayers and financial support for and during this DTS; please keep me in your prayers as I am making decision about what is next.



Love,
-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment