I graduated from Discipleship Training School in Barbados. The focus of this DTS was Justice and Children at Risk. We studied the word of God as well as many other things, topics, people groups and injustices around the world. We went on a three month outreach at the end of the lecture phase for three months in Elbasan, Albania. We lived in a Roma Gypsy Village during the entire 3 months.

I am now attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations in Worcester, South Africa. During this school I will be reading through the entire Bible as well as studying several books in depth using the inductive method.


Please subscribe to my blog to recieve email alerts when I post anything new.

Thursday 9 February 2012

Outreach Stories, Evaluations, Mission Statements..............

This last week of the DTS has been very busy, ranging from writing mission statements and outreach stories to cutting down trees and working on our outreach video.  Tuesday we talked about re-entry back into normal life and the reverse culture shock that comes during that transition.  From the day I got on the plane for Barbados I have only traveled to new places and now that I'm back in Barbados I feel slightly confused and out of place.  I know that what I feel like here in Barbados is only a fraction of what I will feel like when I return back home and meet all of you, family and friends who as I have carried on their lives for the past 6 months.  I know time has passed and situations have changed in all of your lives just as they have in mine.  Don't think for a minute that I'm not looking forward to returning I know that I have been gone for a while and I am super excited to share my heart about what has happened over these past 5months. Austin and I will fly from Barbados to Phoenix, AZ for two weeks to be with our sister Charee as she has her baby! Currently we are planning to be back home in Klamath Falls at the beginning of March.  It is now 11pm here and us guys are still hanging out in the classroom making the finishing touches on our homework, we need to finish the team video, our personal outreach stories and our mission statements.  Graduation is tomorrow at 7pm so we have to finish tonight!  I will just write my Mission Statement right here so you all can read it!



MISSION STATEMENT

My purpose and destiny in this life is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. 
I am going to preach the good news to everyone, no-matter their race, color or creed.  
I will actively portray God's love to others by imitating Jesus and 
serving in any way shape or form.  
Because of how I live for Christ in my daily walk others will come to know Jesus as their own personal Lord and Savior.



I will be sharing the team video and my Outreach Story with you soon. For now I ask that you pray for the team that we would have safe travels and continue building our relationships with each other as we head off our separate ways.


Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,
-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment