I graduated from Discipleship Training School in Barbados. The focus of this DTS was Justice and Children at Risk. We studied the word of God as well as many other things, topics, people groups and injustices around the world. We went on a three month outreach at the end of the lecture phase for three months in Elbasan, Albania. We lived in a Roma Gypsy Village during the entire 3 months.

I am now attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations in Worcester, South Africa. During this school I will be reading through the entire Bible as well as studying several books in depth using the inductive method.


Please subscribe to my blog to recieve email alerts when I post anything new.

Sunday 29 January 2012

Macedonia!!

Yesterday the entire team spent the day in Ohrid, Macedonia!  We left at 8am and arrived in Ohrid at 10am, we stopped about 30min prior to the border to have a snowball fight and climb on and in the old military bunkers that Enver Hoxha built during the Communist days of Albania.  Ohrid, Macedonia is very beautiful, the city is situated right on the edge of Ohcrid Lake.  There are numerous statues, ruins, an ancient amphitheater, a Johann Gutenberg printing press, a beautiful castle and much more all located within 20min as the human walks! We arrived and I exchanged half my money so that I could buy some food, which in Macedonia is fairly cheap! I was able to buy one slice of pizza, an apple strudel, one piece of chocolate, a 14" pizza, 6oz of coffee and two more strudels one apple and one cherry! Altogether it cost $5US which is the exact amount I exchanged!  I had an amazing time in Macedonia walking around the city and hiking along the top of the castle and through ancient ruins as well as sitting in an ancient amphitheater that was originally built around the time of Christ's birth! I had an amazing opportunity to see and use an original Johann Gutenberg printing press; there are only 2 in all of Europe and one just happens to be in Ohrid, Macedonia!  


Today marked the beginning of our last week in Albania! It is sad that the time has flown by so quickly but I know God has moved in the hearts that we have touched.  During tonights children's and adults meetings we explained that this is our last week here and that we will miss them terribly. A few of us shared how much we will miss them and that during this last week we pray that we will portray God's love toward them in numerous ways! 
       After the adults meeting we talked a bit about our individual ideas we have regarding the last week here.  We came up with these: coffee with the teenage guys, karaoke, a farewell party, giving food to families without them know it was us.  Also, washing hair, playing football and billardo (pool), a prayer walk and times to just walk around the community and just meet new people as well as continuing to build relationships with those we have already met.
      
My time here in Elbasan, Albania has been amazing and I am excited to come back sometime in the future.  During the prayer meeting we had with the local Albanian Church here in Elbasan I heard God call me to return to Albania for 2yrs sometime in my future.  Please pray that I will follow God's will and plan for my life as I make decisions and plans regarding my immediate future!  




Zoti të bekoftë!
-Jordan




P.S. If you enter your email address in the box to the right that says "FOLLOW BY EMAIL" then you will receive an email each time I post a new update!

1 comment:

  1. I added links to the words that change color when your mouse is over them. If you click on one, it will open a new window of a picture of that particular thing.

    ReplyDelete