I graduated from Discipleship Training School in Barbados. The focus of this DTS was Justice and Children at Risk. We studied the word of God as well as many other things, topics, people groups and injustices around the world. We went on a three month outreach at the end of the lecture phase for three months in Elbasan, Albania. We lived in a Roma Gypsy Village during the entire 3 months.

I am now attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations in Worcester, South Africa. During this school I will be reading through the entire Bible as well as studying several books in depth using the inductive method.


Please subscribe to my blog to recieve email alerts when I post anything new.

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Hey!
Sunday morning we attended Albanian church, the message was about Godly fear and worldly fear, we were too late for coffee so I was a bit colder during the service.  In Albania the majority of buildings are colder inside than it is outside!  Later that day at children's church a few of the boys were making the meeting hectic, I was teaching and it was tough trying to get their attention. I was sad when they were kicked out but noticed that the kids were all paying attention as soon as they left.  I refreshed the kids' memories on what we have learned over the past 5 weeks and then explained to them that Jesus wants to come into their hearts and live with them! They were all concentrating and I pray they will be thinking about what I said!
     Monday began and before I knew it 4 o'clock came rolling around, 8 of the neighbors arrived for the mini-conference we are having over the next 4 days! I spoke Monday night on 'The Father Heart of God and Hearing Gods Voice,' I definitely could have spoke for more than 45min on those heavy subjects! We listened to how God specifically wanted us to pray for Elbasan and Albania. It was a great subject to talk about and I was very glad a few of the young guys from the neighborhood were listening.
        
             The reason Roma-Gypsy's marry their children around the age of 12 is because they believe it will solve the issue of fornication.  It does for some of the youth but for the majority it only creates broken relationships, divorce and many other issues that you can imagine with arranged 12yr old marriages.  We were playing pool a few weeks ago and one of the kids, Ibo who is 12 years old and getting married in a month was crying because he lost a game of Fooseball. It was sad to see someone that is so young and immature getting married and having a child!  I believe parents need to sit down and talk with their children, starting when they are young and making sure their children know that they can come to them whenever they have a question or problem!  They need to talk about sexuality, set up boundaries and work through issues and struggles that their children have. Those just a few of the thoughts that I have. I only have one minute of internet left, bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment