I graduated from Discipleship Training School in Barbados. The focus of this DTS was Justice and Children at Risk. We studied the word of God as well as many other things, topics, people groups and injustices around the world. We went on a three month outreach at the end of the lecture phase for three months in Elbasan, Albania. We lived in a Roma Gypsy Village during the entire 3 months.

I am now attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations in Worcester, South Africa. During this school I will be reading through the entire Bible as well as studying several books in depth using the inductive method.


Please subscribe to my blog to recieve email alerts when I post anything new.

Saturday 21 January 2012

Hello!!!

This past week we had children's meetings every morning from 10-11am; the theme for the week was Jesus with stories of Jesus washing His disciples' feet, to Jesus feeding the crowds with just a few fish and loaves of bread, to Jesus being our healer and that Jesus is our friend who we can talk to at any time of our day.  
          This week I got sick AGAIN, it was annoying to say the least; I was glad it was only a 24hr flu bug and therefore I won't be feeling sick all week.   Thursday we had a meeting with us YWAMers from Barbados, we discussed the Team Covenant that we made before leaving Barbados and shared the feelings we have toward it.  It was great to bring up issues that had to do with the team or even items and circumstances that I/we were not seeing very clearly.  We also had a time where we talked individually to those who we have had even the smallest conflict that had not been dealt with.  The meeting lasted from 9:30 to 12:45, lunch is at 1 and I am on lunch prep this week so I got to work making tuna sandwiches!  As I said earlier I was sick with the flu, I had a fever, and a headache; therefore immediately after lunch I crashed on the futon and slept for the rest of the day. 
      
        Friday morning I woke up at 7am and felt refreshed and slightly energetic, Austin and I left for coffee with Alban and Rambo.  To our surprise they were still sleeping when we stopped by their house, we waited for 10min until Rambo's wife let us in.  We sat by the fire while they washed up, and then danced to some music before heading off to the Coffee Shop. They don't speak English so it is somewhat difficult communicating, the only bonus is that it forces us to learn more Albanian words! Time passed quickly and we arrived back home at 8:30 which is 30min after breakfast is supposed to begin; we walked inside the house and realized everyone was still in bed! The only one up was Laura because she was waiting for us to bring home bread for breakfast! Austin completely forgot to inform me that we needed to pick up bread for breakfast so I turned around and left for the bread shop! It wasn't too bad because while I was at the bread shop I found out they sell pizza slices for 40 cents! I bought one and found out that it is by far the best pizza I have had from an Albania bread shop!  That afternoon we left to play pool with Elban, Rambo and Vandam who all range from the age of 15 to 18; they are all married and Elban is expecting a baby! Roma-Gypsies marry their children around the age of 12 or 14 and I will explain their reasons for doing so in my next post!



Thank you for your prayers,
-Jordan





P.S. 
Please post comments or email me at jordannickel77@yahoo.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment