I graduated from Discipleship Training School in Barbados. The focus of this DTS was Justice and Children at Risk. We studied the word of God as well as many other things, topics, people groups and injustices around the world. We went on a three month outreach at the end of the lecture phase for three months in Elbasan, Albania. We lived in a Roma Gypsy Village during the entire 3 months.

I am now attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations in Worcester, South Africa. During this school I will be reading through the entire Bible as well as studying several books in depth using the inductive method.


Please subscribe to my blog to recieve email alerts when I post anything new.

Tuesday 27 December 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Hello!
Albania is beautiful! I will post another album or two with pictures of Elbasan, Albania asap; in the meantime, Google "Elbasan, Albania".   The house we live in is in the Roma-Gypsy community, it has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and a kitchen with a wood stove.  It's very nice, I am extremely satisfied with our living situation.  Within a few days after arriving in Albania I caught a cold and then passed it on to Crystal Waterhouse I believe...:) Now 8 of the 10 of us have colds! One of the great memories I have from having a cold are when Gareth and I were describing our symptoms. I said, "my nose is running faster than a horse at a Kentucky Derby! Then Gareth said "Oh yeah? My nose gets clogged faster than an Albanian Toilet!" (Albanian plumbing is so small that if you flush toilet paper it clogs...)    ........Yup! You read that right! We get to keep our TP in a trash can! Lol   We have also adjusted to the water schedule fairly well, it only comes on three times a day, morning, noon and night. We are having a camp for the Roma kids this week, today I was the puppeteer and my arms were completely dead after singing and talking for 8min! The camp starts at 10am and ends at 12; we have worship, puppets, a message, crafts and games!

I have to run now, I will post again ASAP!!



-Jordan!

No comments:

Post a Comment