I graduated from Discipleship Training School in Barbados. The focus of this DTS was Justice and Children at Risk. We studied the word of God as well as many other things, topics, people groups and injustices around the world. We went on a three month outreach at the end of the lecture phase for three months in Elbasan, Albania. We lived in a Roma Gypsy Village during the entire 3 months.

I am now attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations in Worcester, South Africa. During this school I will be reading through the entire Bible as well as studying several books in depth using the inductive method.


Please subscribe to my blog to recieve email alerts when I post anything new.

Thursday 8 December 2011

Chocolate & Slavery

       Today is the beginning of the end of the lecture phase, two days left of packing, Christmas parties,  support raising and beach volleyball!  The past three months have been AMAZING  to say the least! 12 weeks in all and every week has had a different focus! I have learned and grown so much in my relationship with God as well as the way I view the world.  My paradigm has shifted, changed and re-formed for and toward the Kingdom! I'm not sure what God's plan is for my life following this DTS, I just know that it is pre-ordained and in the end I will prosper.  (Jeremiah 29:11)         
       In July of 2011 my brother Austin and I began our YWAM journey with a financial need of $14,000.  During the past 5 months we have walked in both faith and trust believing that God will provide for our financial needs. First off I will say that this journey has not been  "a walk in the park", contrarily it has been a mountainous journey. From walking uphill to walking downhill, and from strenuous climbing to prairie walking. At times it seemed there was no hope, as if our financial support was just gone; although during those times we realized our need to focus on God and how He provides instead of our financial needs. From the beginning we knew the only way to raise the $14,000 was to work as hard as we could both in physical labor as well as contacting others and seeking financial support.
       Exactly eight days ago (Dec 1st) Austin and I were in need of $2,300! Now just eight days later we are  in need of $1,080; $380 for our outreach to Albania and $700 for our return flight.  I would like to thank you, not only your financial support but also and more importantly your prayer support! With prayer all things are possible; and through prayer Austin and I have had a life changing and paradigm shifting experience during this lecture phase.  Our speakers were from all over the world, Germany, Barbaods, Haiti, St. Lucia, Canada, The United States and and China.
       Please keep us in your prayers and send me your prayer requests at jordannickel77@yahoo.com;  I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to pray to God in your area of need.




Thanks again for your financial and prayer support,
May the Holy Spirit be with you always,
-Jordan & Austin


P.S. Click this link and watch this video on Chocolate & Slavery!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I saw your note in the UFF bulletin today and came to check out your blog. Interesting! Viewed the Chocolate & Slavery video; it seems precious metals and precious foods that are in third-world countries are often procured by forced labor. Are you guys where they are harvesting this or did you reference it because of the 'suffering' and 'at risk' child? I appreciate your Bible verses.

    Merry Christmas to you! Gary is home from college for the holidays, along with my next son, Dale. Alyssa is enjoying her siblings! The children were great in their Christmas play last week evening church! Abby, Emily, and Matthias took turns playing instruments, too. God bless your week,
    Dee Brown

    ReplyDelete