I graduated from Discipleship Training School in Barbados. The focus of this DTS was Justice and Children at Risk. We studied the word of God as well as many other things, topics, people groups and injustices around the world. We went on a three month outreach at the end of the lecture phase for three months in Elbasan, Albania. We lived in a Roma Gypsy Village during the entire 3 months.

I am now attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations in Worcester, South Africa. During this school I will be reading through the entire Bible as well as studying several books in depth using the inductive method.


Please subscribe to my blog to recieve email alerts when I post anything new.

Friday 7 October 2011

My Very First Blog!

       Saturday, September 24th is a day I will remember for the rest of my life. A day that signified the beginning of my Justice Discipleship Training School in Barbados! http://www.ywambarbados.org/dts/justice-dts
       Flying out of Portland for Barbados, we left Klamath Falls about 3 hours behind schedule and accidentally missed the exit for the Portland Airport! After arriving at the airport 40 minutes before takeoff, going through security and walking to our gate we had about 5 minutes to spare! On the 2 hour layover in New York we grabbed some breakfast and purchased our return tickets so that we wouldn't be held in immigration at the Barbados Airport.
       The YWAM Base in Barbados has a total of 6 acres and 12 buildings, most of the acreage is sugar-cane fields and the buildings range form dorms and barns to kitchens and classrooms! The daily schedule is normally packed tight, with classes starting at 8am and dinner ending around 7pm the days seem to go by super fast! The weather here in Barbados is very humid and warm, it has cooled down tremendously this past week and now probably averages at 80 for both temperature and humidity.
       Hopefully this weekend my camera will arrive in the mail so I will finally be able to take pictures and then post them for all of you to see! I will try my hardest to post another update on what has been happening in my life spiritually!  In the meantime meditate on this,


Isaiah 54:10
For the mountains may move
and the hills disappear,
but even then my faithful love for you will remain.
My covenant of blessing will never be broken,"
says the LORD, who has mercy on you.

Always remember that Jesus loves you, no-matter where you are or what your doing.  I encourage you to talk to someone in the next day and let them know how much God loves us!





May the Holy Spirit be with you always,
~Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment