I graduated from Discipleship Training School in Barbados. The focus of this DTS was Justice and Children at Risk. We studied the word of God as well as many other things, topics, people groups and injustices around the world. We went on a three month outreach at the end of the lecture phase for three months in Elbasan, Albania. We lived in a Roma Gypsy Village during the entire 3 months.

I am now attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations in Worcester, South Africa. During this school I will be reading through the entire Bible as well as studying several books in depth using the inductive method.


Please subscribe to my blog to recieve email alerts when I post anything new.

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Bible Core Course!

     I'm sitting in a restaurant in the Heathrow Airport in London waiting for my flight to Johannesburg, and then to Cape Town. I will be attending the Bible Core Course with the University of the Nations, it is a three month school located in Worcester, South Africa.

Why am I attending this school?

       While in Barbados I felt God calling me to pursue a degree with the U of N. I am obeying that call by attending the BCC in Worcester. I looked at the different degrees that the U of N offers and found that, at least for now, the BA in Christian Ministries really hits at the areas where God has moved in my life. I love youth, well, I love all people!
As I grew up I could have avoided a lot of heartache and pain if only I would have know what the truth was. I long to be there for people, to talk to them, let them see how I live and stand up for truth.
 
       During the next three months I will be reading through the entire Bible, studying several books in depth, memorizing scripture, and actively reaching out to the community around the Base in Worcester. I am extremely excited to attend this school, I know that staying in the Word of God makes an enormous impact on my life. I pray that you will enjoy reading my blog but more importantly you will be encouraged as you hear about what God is doing in my life.

Would you pray for me? Here are a few specific requests as I embark on this adventure.
- Safety while traveling.
- Concentration while in class.
- A blazing desire for God's word.
- A continual realization that I can't do anything without Christ.
- A fierce passion to plant seeds of the Gospel in others lives!

 Please feel free to email me, let me know how I can pray for you!
 



-Jordan Nickel,
A Bond Servant of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment